E-Mail

Email me or take the button.

You know you want to. *wiggles fingers at you in a hypnotic fashion* Pretty button. Take the pretty button...

Knit Alongs and other Knitting Goodness...

My Links

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

I have no idea who it's for.

I've been working on this:



Here's a close up:



It's the Airy scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I'm making it with Plymouth Yarn Outback Mohair. I got the yarn as part of a prize from a knit-along I was part of this past October/November. It sat in my stash just taunting me. I really had no idea what to do with it. I had thought of sending it to a friend of mine but for some reason, I held on to it.

I was digging through my stash, wondering what I was going to try next when I thought of the scarf and I thought, bingo! So out came the needles, and a-casting on and a-knitting I went. It's my first time working with mohair and my first time lace knitting. The mohair is harder to work with than I originally thought it would be, but I'm getting the hang of it now. I'm really enjoying the lace work though. But as I work on this scarf, I'm not so sure I'm going to want it when it's done. It just doesn't call to me but for some reason, I have to finish it! I keep trying to work on that other Pasha and I just can't seem to focus! My mind keeps straying to this scarf. *shrug* Maybe once it's done, I'll figure out who to give it to. Or maybe I'll fall in love with it. Hey... stranger things have happened!