E-Mail

Email me or take the button.

You know you want to. *wiggles fingers at you in a hypnotic fashion* Pretty button. Take the pretty button...

Knit Alongs and other Knitting Goodness...

My Links

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

So now what?

I've been working on that Airy Scarf and it's coming along nicely. I had hoped to finish it tonight but, wow, that mohair will slow you down! I had about five people call dibs on it almost immediately. *laugh* I guess it will have a good home after all...

So of course, as I am knitting one project, my mind begins to wander and I begin to wonder what I will work on next. I recently found out about a scarf called a "Magic Scarf" that can be worn like a scarf or a cowl. It's neat! The one I saw had been done on one of those circular knitting looms with a fun fur yarn. One of the gals in my office just went nuts when she saw it and of course I thought... I'll try and find this pattern and surprise her with one. Nope, I can't find a pattern to save my life. So I think this might be the first thing I end up 'free knitting'.

But of course, I still have this yarn too:



I got it along with the Mohair yarn that I am using now. It's been sitting in my stash waiting for a sock pattern I wanted to try. It's a lovely cotton/wool blend that I can't help but squeeze! But what pattern to use? I've downloaded so many free patterns and there are so many in the books I have... I think I may have given myself too many choices! So I'm thinking, something cute and simple... wide stripes? *shrug* I plan to make this pair for myself. The only other pair of socks I've ever knit I gave to afghans for Afghans. (Sorry no pic... I sent them out without taking one.)

So... stripes?