E-Mail

Email me or take the button.

You know you want to. *wiggles fingers at you in a hypnotic fashion* Pretty button. Take the pretty button...

Knit Alongs and other Knitting Goodness...

My Links

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Rainy day...

I wasn't able to sleep last night so I was up until about 2:30. It started raining outside and the rhythmic pounding of the rain on our tin roof was the perfect sound to put me right to sleep. I didn't wake up until about 10:30 this morning!

But awake, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, I finished the Airy scarf! Yay! I would have blocked it but Eric took the iron with him when he went for his training. Doh! So here's a shot of it unblocked:



And nope, it's not me at all. But at least it's done! It was one of those projects that just screamed to be completed... I'm glad it's done. I can focus on those socks and the second Pasha. The socks are taking an amazing amount of time! Those little squares... well lets' just say, I would have thought I would be done with one cuff by now but I'm not. Here's how far I've gotten:



I think they'll be fabulous though! I think it's taking me so long because:

A. I've never done any double decreases before so it's a lot of brow wrinkling, biting of bottom lip, hoping my yarn doesn't slip off my metal needle and then when it does, much swearing!

B. I've never tried knitting things together before. What I mean is I've never knitted two separate items, then picked up stitches on both and then knit them together by knitting a third item. I think I'm getting the hang of it though... the last square actually went pretty fast. I think part of it is I have to keep referring to the pattern. It's 24 rows for one square. If I could memorize the pattern, it would probably knit up faster because I wouldn't have to keep referring to the pattern every other minute.

Well, back to the socks!