E-Mail

Email me or take the button.

You know you want to. *wiggles fingers at you in a hypnotic fashion* Pretty button. Take the pretty button...

Knit Alongs and other Knitting Goodness...

My Links

Powered by Blogger

Friday, April 21, 2006

Kickin' booties and some estrogen overload

Well last night, I came to the realization that I was not going to have everything done for the baby shower today. That's okay though. I just went to the store and bought a couple things so that I can now take my time and make sure the hats, onesies, and booties come out good. :) As a matter of fact, here is the first pair of booties:



And another angle:



I'm really happy with them since they are crocheted. I haven't crocheted since I was in my teens and well... I never even knew what the names of the stitches were. I couldn't help but laugh at myself as I slowly followed the pattern. It took me nearly two hours to make that pair! LOL! (I'm sure
Ragan is just going to faint when she reads that. She's a crochet goddess with a lightening fast hook!) By the way, thank you Ragan! She sent me the pattern for the booties and was most kind to me when I called her for advice yesterday... Twice! *snicker* I was so glad I had bought a book about crochet because I didn't want to call at 10pm to ask how to slip a stitch. :D Now that I understand the pattern, I'm so going to make some for the Children's Hospital.

So of course when I got into work today, I instantly had to run upstairs and start with the decorations and putting out the food. It was a great party, And Jeri (the mama to be) never even realized that we were having a shower for her. :)
Here she is in all her big tummy glory:



She's having twin girls. Here she is modeling some of her presents for the girls (letting them try on the outfits as it were): :P



And of course since it's a shower, we had to have a theme of sorts. That's when one of the women in our office started laughing and wrote "Welcome Jeri's Kids" on the board. We all laughed so hard when we saw it. Jeri did too:



We all pitched in and got her a stroller for her twins. The poor thing, she had given away all her other baby stuff since she thought she was long since done having kids. (She's got a 14 year old, a 12 year old and a 5 year old at home.) So of course that means she didn't have anything! I couldn't believe how expensive it was but you can tell it's a nice one and well worth the cash.



Well time to head off for the new school of medicine building dedication. Yup, it's a busy day of partying here a work.