E-Mail

Email me or take the button.

You know you want to. *wiggles fingers at you in a hypnotic fashion* Pretty button. Take the pretty button...

Knit Alongs and other Knitting Goodness...

My Links

Powered by Blogger

Monday, January 22, 2007

Holy fuck! Is Bush still in office?!

You can imagine that question crossing my mind when I saw this the other day:



I couldn't believe it. I haven't seen gas this 'cheap' in years. It's still nearly $0.25 more expensive in Chapel Hill though. One of the benefits of living in a tiny town. Of course this would affect my heating bill too... if I had one. We finally called PSNC Energy to cancel our gas service. Of course they were surprised we would be doing that in the winter. When I told them it was because they wouldn't finance us with a new HVAC unit the gal said: "Oh. Well thank you anyway." *laugh* On the good side, we'll be getting back nearly $150 from them for a deposit we had had to put down. That's always nice. That will go toward the electric bill to pay for the space heater. :P

I've made some more progress on Tubey as well. See...:



Yeah it's a crap photo but I kind of took it right before I was running out the door this morning on my way to work so I really didn't have a chance to set it up nicely. I figured you would all want to see some progress. :) Oh and it's official. I'm going to run out of black yarn. Damn. I'll have to call Ragan to see if she has a skein I can snag from her. If not... I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I don't really have the funds to order another skein and well... I really want to finish this sweater. Maybe I'll finish it off with different colored stripes. *shrug* I'll figure something out. :)

In response to comments:

Mouse said: awww! My cat wanted to go out this morning onto the deck until she realized it was covered in a sheet of ice and that it was about 20 degrees out.

Fang is not an outside kitty, only Trouble enjoys it outside and she was in no mood! Not with that snow out there.

Janna said: Cute! And what would she do if you opened the door? Would she want to go outside?

That is a negative Ghost Writer. The one time I took her outside on a leash... she broke the harness, and bolted for the house (thankfully instead of the road) and has refused to go outside ever since.

Helen said: that is so, SO sweet. not being an animal-owner, i have never seen such a thing, nor even imagined a kitty getting so excited about something she's never seen. oh, thank you for sharing!

Oh no problem. I'm always happy to talk about pussy! ;)

Batty said: So cute! I used to live in upstate NY too. A lot of our free time was spent watching snow.

Tell me about it. I'm pretty sure that was the first 24 years of my life...

Bezzie said: Ha ha! Too cute! It's those little things that make cat rearing all the sweeter!

Oh yeah. Especially this animal along with her big sister. We refer to Trouble and Fang as Princess Headbutt and The Instigator. :P