E-Mail

Email me or take the button.

You know you want to. *wiggles fingers at you in a hypnotic fashion* Pretty button. Take the pretty button...

Knit Alongs and other Knitting Goodness...

My Links

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

What a smashing start to the day!

Let me begin this tale with... it was 8 am. I had just stopped to pick up Bernice, a colleague of mine, that had sprained her ankle this past weekend. The poor thing can't drive herself to work and since I live nearby, I offered to go get her today and bring her to and from work.

So I show up at her house... drive up her very long driveway, and pull in front of her garage, right next to a little sapling. I had gotten just a bit too close to the sapling so some of its branches were bent against my driver's side window. No biggie. It's a sapling. She hops in the car and that's when the fun began. I put down the hand brake, began to roll (hadn't even pushed the gas pedal) when I hear a crack, a pop and the distinct sound of glass smashing. I look up just in time to see a good chunk of black plastic go flying over the hood of my car. What had I done? Ha! This...:



Here's the other side:



Can you believe it?! I wasn't even going 5 miles an hour nor was this sapling tall enough to even make it to the top of the car! *laugh* All I could do was laugh and shake my head at what I had done. :)

So I dropped Bernice off at work and went to the clinic. I had four (count em four) doctor's appointments today. I got a lot of knitting done today. *laugh* I had a CT scan, my allergy treatments and some follow up with the doctor in ENT. That's where I got all my knitting done. My appointment was for 10:30. By this time, all my other appointments were done with. The gal at the front desk told me the doctor was running late. (Nothing new with this doctor.) So I pulled out my knitting and sat down. Two and a half hours later, I finally got called into his office. O_o *twitch* I'm soooooo happy I had my knitting. See how much I got done...



Now I'll be honest... I wasn't knitting the whole time I was in there. At least an hour of my time was spent chatting with Eric (telling him about the car) then calling my insurance agent and then calling shops to find the parts I'll need to fix the car. When I was finally done with the doctor, he told me that my sinuses looked 100% better and that while he still wanted me to come back in six months for a re-evaluation. He said the option of surgery was (at the moment) my personal preference more than anything else. In six months though he still might recommend it, but right now he said to wait unless I wanted him to operate. Then he showed me my CT scan. It was neat looking at the inside of my own head. How often does one get to see their own skull and brain? It was so nifty! He printed me off a pic. I asked him to email it to me but he couldn't. *snaps fingers* Of course, what the heck would I do with it? Seemed like a good idea at the time when I asked him... *smirk*

So when I got home tonight, I was pleasantly surprised by a box from my SP! Can I just say again how wonderful she is? :) Lookie what she sent me!



A drop spindle, some roving, some roving samples so I can order more, a card, some info on spinning, some nifty knitting needles... and some milk chocolate turtles. *drool* I learned many, many years ago on a wheel... but I'll be honest, I haven't done any spinning in so long, I'll be learning all over again. I'm so excited to start spinning!

Look at the card she sent. I love it! :)



And to top it all off...



They are making an absolute mess of the floor, throwing kibble everywhere, but they are eatting next to each other. No hissing. No fat-tailing. No growling. Yay! This has been a great day!