E-Mail

Email me or take the button.

You know you want to. *wiggles fingers at you in a hypnotic fashion* Pretty button. Take the pretty button...

Knit Alongs and other Knitting Goodness...

My Links

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Fun filled day.

Oh boy was it ever! The day started with the Mebane Dogwood Festival. Mebane is a small town of about 7,200 people. I got there pretty early and as you can see, there were plenty of people there before me:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

There were even rides!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And no, the threat of imminent rain showers didn't seem to stop more people from showing up either. While I was there, it actually got sunny. :) There were two stages with dancers (didn't get any pics of them because the crowd was -way- too thick) and one stage with a great jazz band. These guys!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I got there when they had just started. By the time I was leaving, they had a huge crowd around them as well. :)

Once I left, I went straight down to Carboro. Since
Azuredrake wasn't going to be at the Stitch N Bitch, that left only me and well... I was in no mood to sit there by myself today so I stopped by at Yarns Etc. I'm so glad I did! I was there for about three or four hours and had a great time. A gal named Preethi was working there today. This was the first time I met her. She was really nice and she was working on a tank top (I think). *laugh* I'll be honest, I forgot! (It could have been a cardigan!) If you are reading this Preethi, I'm sorry I forgot! *giggle*

Anyhoo, she had the most even hand I have seen in person. Her stitches were just perfectly even. :)

Ivy was working there today too. She is working on an afghan. See...:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

She said she wants it to be six feet in length when it's done. She's got about 45 inches right now. It's a wedding present that she has to finish by next week! I think she'll be done in time though. Nothing like a deadline to make you sweat. :)

While I was there, I got a lot done on my Cleaves.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I would have stayed and gotten more done but silly me left the other skeins of yarn at home! *grumblegrumble* You learn something new everyday. I learned to never leave the house without at least one extra, fresh skein of yarn. :)

Trouble and Velvet could care less about my progress on Cleaves. They were more interested in the birds outside.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

They are so cute sometimes! :)