E-Mail

Email me or take the button.

You know you want to. *wiggles fingers at you in a hypnotic fashion* Pretty button. Take the pretty button...

Knit Alongs and other Knitting Goodness...

My Links

Powered by Blogger

Monday, May 16, 2005

Lookie what we have here... a weekend update!

This weekend was a busy one. It started with a rough day on Friday at work. I was so happy when Azuredrake stopped by with her most recent yarn purchases. I had so wanted to go with her but I had so, so much to do! I laughed when I realized she posted the pics she took of me on the phone. Yes, I was that stressed! But yarn makes all your troubles go away... aaaahhh! *wink*

Saturday I went to my younger brother Donny's graduation from NC State:



and:



The whole family was there. It was nice to see them all. Too bad Eric and I couldn't stay longer but we had already promised our friend Ullyses, about a month ago, that we would help him move and our moving karma demanded satisfaction! He had helped us move so we owed him! So to answer your question, no, not much knitting got done at all on Saturday.

Sunday though, I caught up on my I Do shrug:



and:



I am very, very pleased with how the beads are looking knit in with the lace! I think this will be lovely when it's done. :)

I even started on the Clapotis:



Talk about an easy pattern! I did that while watching the Chronicles of Riddick. :)

Of course, the kitties could care less:



I guess it's also about time that I did this meme. Azuredrake tagged me some time ago and well, I just keep forgetting to do it! :P

Here's the rules:Pick 5 of the following and then complete the sentences. Then pass it on to 3 more of your blog friends! But no tag backs!

The Premise (pick 5):

If I could be a scientist
If I could be a farmer
If I could be a musician
If I could be a doctor
If I could be a painter
If I could be a gardener
If I could be a missionary
If I could be a chef
If I could be an architect
If I could be a linguist
If I could be a psychologist
If I could be a librarian
If I could be an athlete
If I could be a lawyer
If I could be an inn-keeper
If I could be a professor
If I could be a writer
If I could be a llama-rider
If I could be a bonnie pirate
If I could be an astronaut
If I could be a world famous blogger
If I could be a justice on any one court in the world
If I could be married to any current famous political figure...

Well here I go:

1. If I could be a scientist, I would be a forensic biologist. There is noting more exciting to me than watching how science can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt what really happened at a crime scene when no one else can.

2. If I could be a doctor, I would be an animal doctor and I would hope I would have as much fun as James Herriot.

3. If I could be a bonnie pirate, I would try to be as cunning as Jean Lefitte. Always seemed to be able to get out of just about any trap and still make all sort of mad cash. I like it!

4. If I could be a gardener, I would grow peonies absolutely everywhere. I would try and breed a variety that would bloom longer in the year.

5. If I could be an architect, I would design my dream house.

Now who do I pass this onto? Well how about Tamara, Jill, and Heather because I only just found their blogs and I would like to know more about them. :)

In response to comments:

Koh said: Geez youre making me want a cat now! *laugh* Tortoiseshells are great cats! If you want a snuggly, playful, and lovable cat, I recommend a tortie. :)

Tamara said: Something I've gotta know. What kind of ring do you use for your stitchmarkers? I've been using regular 18-20 gauge wire and mine look tacky next to yours, which look really pro. and my ends are always snagging at the yarn... I mainly just use pre-made jump rings that you can buy at any bead or craft store in the notions isle. When I make my own jump rings, I use whatever wire I can find laying around be it copper electrical wire, telephone wire or what have you. To make the ring smooth, wrap it around either a dowel or pencil or what have you. Wrap a bit extra so there is overlap then using some very sharp wire cutters, snip off the curled edges that inevitably result from wrapping wire, and then using two pairs of needle nose pliers, just align the edges so they connect to make a nice jump ring. ...I hope that makes even the slightest bit of sense! *laugh*

Jill said: Also - I was thinking of using the Andean silk for Clapotis too - I was so psyched to see you purchased it. That clinches it! This andean silk is knitting up great! I really think you'll enjoy it too. I can already tell, I'm going to love this Clapotis when it's finished. :)

Monkeemaven said: I love you. I love you too!

Bensmumma said: You rock. Can I be your friend? I need more FUN people in my life! Of course we can be friends! Hello friend! Call me every ten minutes! :)

Tesoro said: *SNORT* Can't......get......air......in...I'll type more after I resuscitate myself from this laughing fit! Breathe now! Breathe!

To everyone else, thanks so much for reading my blog and commenting. I'll be honest, I really like seeing comments. It's good for my ego. *snort*

Back to the needles!