E-Mail

Email me or take the button.

You know you want to. *wiggles fingers at you in a hypnotic fashion* Pretty button. Take the pretty button...

Knit Alongs and other Knitting Goodness...

My Links

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Yarn swap! Yay!

Today was a great day! The weather was perfect. I got to meet a new person from the knittyboard and I got to be part of a yarn swap. :) Who did I get to meet? Well Fschmom, that's who! And here she is with her little one, Shawn:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Isn't he a cutie? :) And so polite too. He shared his trail mix with me. *laugh* Of course, Azuredrake was there too, showing off her lovely Honeymoon Cami.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Isn't it great? It fits her perfectly!

Here's all of us on the mat with all the yarn:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I was pretty surprised at all the lovely stuff that was in the box. I'll be honest, I would have thought all the good stuff would have been taken by now. I was happily wrong! :) Here's what I took out of the box:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Some great cotton. I'll make these into ankle socks to wear around the house in the summer. And:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And I have no idea what I'll do with this but it was fun to pet it! :D

So when I got home, I started on my I Do Shrug. Now of course, in my infinite wisdom (yes that is sarcasm!) I decided to add beads to the pattern. I had planned (key word -had-) to chart out where I would be placing the beads. Did I chart it? Nope. So I cast on and by the third round, I realized I had to frog the whole thing. Thankfully I figured this out on the third round! No I still have not charted out where the beads will go but instead, I have decided to place them on the purl or knit stitch that is after the yarn overs. Here is how far I've gotten so far:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here's a closer shot of the beads:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yeah I know it's all scrunched up (I'm only on round 7) but I have high hopes it will look pretty good. :) But I had to put it down because my eyes are about to fall out of my head trying to read this pattern and watch tv at the same time. I had to give up on the tv but by then, it was too late. Besides, it is after midnight and I really, really should go to bed.

On the kitty front, I have proved two of my greatest theories.

1. Put a blanket on the floor, a cat will lay on it within five minutes...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

and 2. Stick your finger out and a cat will sniff it no matter how many times they have sniffed it before...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com