E-Mail

Email me or take the button.

You know you want to. *wiggles fingers at you in a hypnotic fashion* Pretty button. Take the pretty button...

Knit Alongs and other Knitting Goodness...

My Links

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Okay fine!

After being tagged not once, not twice, but three times for this meme... I decided I should do it. ;)

Since I was tagged three times, I figure I'll have to give up 15 idiosyncrasies.

Here goes:


id·i·o·syn·cra·sy
Pronunciation Key n. pl. id·i·o·syn·cra·sies A structural or behavioral characteristic peculiar to an individual or group.

Write down (blog) five of your own personal idiosyncracies. Then, if you wish, tag five people from your live gerbil or friendslist to do the same.


1. I will squeal, in a high pitched voice "Oh look at the baby!" or "Look at the little one!" when I see a cute puppy, kitten, or any other four legged, furry mammal, baby. I do this even for commercials. I will say "Hi horsie" when I pass a horse in a carrier on the highway. I will say "Hello Moo Cow" or "Hello Moo Beef" when I pass a dairy or meat farm. I will also say "Hello little one" to any animal that passes within a few feet of me looking for food or what have you be they squirrels, birds, turtles, frogs, etc, etc.


2. I have been told on more than one occasion that I am just a man with breasts. And I happen to agree. Feminine? Me? HA! Although I will be honest, the girly-girl froo froo ratio in me is starting to climb...


3. I will always only have one purse. It's black. It fits in my hand. It holds everything I need.

4. I have begun to go nuts for shoes. Now I say nuts because I used to have only three pairs of shoes. Total. Eric had more pairs of shoes than me. But lately, I have started looking at shoes a lot. I'm up to 8 pairs. Hence, item #2... the froo froo ratio is increasing.

5. My biological clock either must be broken or on snooze. A screaming baby, a snot nosed baby, and/or baby puke do not make me gush and coo and want to have children. If anything, it reinforces my "34 reasons why I have 2 cats". This is not to say I do not like the little ones. I just know I couldn't handle one right now.

6. I will always, always over-think something. Can't help it. It's gonna happen.

7. I try to live by the policy of "You can't say you don't like it until you try it." I have tried brussel sprouts. I hate them. I have tried sushi. I like it.


8. I can tell when a note is off key and it drives me nuts. I have a hard time not reacting by closing my eyes and gritting my teeth when I hear a bad note.


9. If I hear someone mispronounce a word, it is exceedingly difficult for me not to correct them. Example: Libary instead of Library. Whoo, that one drives me bonkers!


10. I can look at a knitting project, a mini I am painting, or something else I am doing that is creative and figure out a way to make it at least three times more complex. (Case in point, this meme. It's only supposed to be 5 things.)


11. I will take it as a personal challenge sometimes when someone tells me I can't do something. Depending upon what it is that I was told I couldn't do, I will make every attempt to do it. I mean if it were something like "You can't get into the Citadel" well then maybe they are right but if it's something like "Oh you can't make that!" I will do everything I can to prove them wrong.


12. I tend to not take things too personally though. I won't ask if I look fat in that dress. I wouldn't have even tried it on because I know for a fact it was not meant for someone with my body shape.


13. I will not ever use illegal drugs. Nope. Won't do it. Mom was a big drug addict. My theory is, you can use them all you want but you won't bring them in my house or on my property, and you will not have them in my car. If I find out you do have some on you and we get pulled over, sure as the sky is blue, I will tell the cop you have them because as much as you and I may be friends, I'm not going to jail for your habit!


14. I have been known to stop mid sentence and hug a tree I have just passed or walked up to.


15. I am uber competitive.
Especially if I get told that because I am a girl, I wouldn't understand the game, sport, what have you. Whip out that phrase son, and I will do all I can take you down! If I lose, you'll know your victory wasn't without effort. *insert sly smile here*

Okies back to work. (Yes I am blogging at work but I figured if I didn't do this now... more people would end up tagging me and I wasn't sure I could come up with more idosyncrasies for myself.) :P


I'll post pics of the kitties and the socks later.