E-Mail

Email me or take the button.

You know you want to. *wiggles fingers at you in a hypnotic fashion* Pretty button. Take the pretty button...

Knit Alongs and other Knitting Goodness...

My Links

Powered by Blogger

Monday, December 12, 2005

Romantic weekend

*happy sigh*

Yes folks, I'm a sucker for easy love. ;)


Eric was home this past Saturday. All Saturday. I think that's the first one that he's been home in over a month. Normally becaue of his seniority level right now, he's home on weekdays.

But anyhoo, he decided that we would have a nice day together. It started with us sleeping in together. Wow I miss that some days. Then he made chicken fajitas for lunch. They were so good! We went out and did some shopping and saw
Syriana. It was okay. Nothing fabulous like Crash or Traffic but it was still okay.

After the movie, we went home for some snuggling on the futon and then he made chicken alfredo and pasta. Gawds I love this man! I forgot how well he can cook! Not to say I can't cook but man... he's a wiz in the kitchen. And then the rest of the night was most certainly XXX rated *insert naughty, naughty eyebrow wiggle here* and no you won't get any details here.


Needless to say, I got no knitting done. Nada. Not one inch. So I'm a little behind now. :P

When he left for work on Sunday morning, I flopped back into the bed for about an hour or two and then got up to do some housework. I didn't get very far because I kept doing that dreamy, happy sigh, thing and realized that I had just washed the same spot on the counter for the past fifteen minutes. Yup, I'm still love struck by this man. Funny huh? After 13 years... actually it's not too funny or odd at all. It just makes me seem seriously girly at times.


Anyhoo, I picked up the needles and got to work on some of those socks! I have three pair to knit by the middle of next week but I'm not afraid. I've almost finished one (sock, not the pair) and the other ones I'm flying through. Sorry though, no pics today. I left the camera at home or I would take a pic of me in my office, hard at work... knitting. ;)

In response to comments:


Mary Pat said: Is there no off button on the radio where the vile music is coming from? You can try earplugs? Put a CD in the computer and play your music louder?? Or sing alound, maybe someone will get a clue and turn it off?!

Like I responded in my own comments section, I wish I could. It's the campus radio that the Dean's Assistant has and well... no, I can't turn it off and as for singing at the top of my lungs... now that I didn't think of. *evil grin*


Shannon said: i'm with you on the xmas music, our oldies station started BEFORE thanksgiving.

Eep. I say... Eep.


Ragan said: Yeah...our oldies station started doing that too...they even played Elvis ones...OH MY...along with all of the songs from Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer. How come they don't play the ones from the Charlie Brown Christmas though???? Heh heh.

That's a good frigging question! But then they have been playing the Alvin and the Chipmunks song. You know... the one with the hoola hoop. Now -that- one I will sing at the top of my lungs! *even eviler (is that a word?) grin*


Ragan also said: hope you enjoyed that little bit of Frosty torture this afternoon...
heh heh

Damn you woman! *shakes fist* Do you have any idea how long that song was stuck in my head after that?! :P
For those of you that have no idea what the heck I am talking about, my lovely cousin called me whilst Frosty the Snowman was playing on her car radio. Yes. She loves me. No, I am not knitting her something in the most horrid puke green colorway I can find... but it did cross my mind. Tee hee!

Koh said: i feel your pain...i had to listen to christmas music in the photo lab for hours on friday (i worked in there all day) luckily i had headphones.


Eep. And I wish I could wear headphones but I have to answer the phone.


Helen said: ah. luckily, the christmas music at work (grocery store) didn't begin until this sunday (the 4th). yes. i believe that was late. ahhhh!!

Yikes! See... that's sad when the 4th is 'late'! ;)


Stephanie said: The least they could do is play the fun songs once in a while. "Walkin' 'round in Womens' Underwear" is one of my faves.

Gawds I love that song! I haven't heard it in about two years though. Buggers. They should play that a bit more too.


Stephanie also said: Silver Bells is the song that makes me physically ill.


Which version? There's one that I can handle. Then there's one that makes me run from the room screaming. ;)


Ginne said: I don't blame you... but every time I put my headphones on, somebody comes to my desk needing something...


I wish I was interrupted that often! :P


So of course some of you may call me a Scrooge especially being the heathen that I am and all. ;) But I really do like some Xmas songs. (SOME!) It's just that they seem to inundate you with them so quickly that by the time it is near the end of the month, you have the urge to choke the snot out of carolers Wait a minute. *ponderponder* I wonder if this is some plot to make sure that caroling is wiped out...