Email me or take the button.

You know you want to. *wiggles fingers at you in a hypnotic fashion* Pretty button. Take the pretty button...

Knit Alongs and other Knitting Goodness...

My Links

Powered by Blogger

Monday, February 05, 2007

Sweater progress and Her Highness, Princess Piddles

We weathered the snow pretty well here in North Carolina. I did end up going to work for the entire day. Hell, no matter what, I was going out in that rental minivan. If there was enough snow in the parking lot... I was gonna go turn some donuts!

What? *insert innocent look here*

It's a rental. *insert devilish grin here*

But this is all we got while I was at work:

That was about the worst of it. By noon, most of my office was gone. When I left at 5pm, there wasn't any snow left on the ground and it was raining. The only bad part of the day was that night. Whoo! It was -cold- in the house. I didn't do anything but sit near the heater, snuggling with my kitties, wrapped in the comforters that we leave on the couch.

I didn't get much work done on Tubey, but here's the work I did get done:

The reason I didn't get much work done is because of Her Highness, the newly crowned (by Eric) Princess Piddles. Here she is, resting on her kitty bed, throne:

Yup, it was about 10pm, Eric and I went downstairs to get into bed and when I turned down the bedding, there was a big puddle of pee in the middle of the bed... right near the pillows. *sigh* She went through both comforters, the heating blanket, the sheets, and into the pillow top of the bed. All day Sunday was spent washing -everything-. The heating blanket had to be done by hand (that took quite some time!) and then put into the machine through a partial cycle. Then hung to dry. The bed couldn't be flipped once we had cleaned it because it's a pillow top so we had to turn it and put towels on it (now near our feet) for the rest of the night.

Of course this seems so odd for Fang. She has never done anything like this before. To make it worse, we had only just started letting them sleep on the bed with us so that they could stay warmer at night. Now it's all kitties banned from the bedroom, all the time until, we could figure out what was wrong and if it was indeed Fang that was the culprit. It made us both ponder all the rest of that night and the next day, if she might have a Urinary tract or bladder, infection. So while I was at work today, Eric took her to the vet. He even warmed a blanket up for her to put in her carrier by throwing it into the dryer before he put it, and her, in the carrier. (He's so sweet!) $100 later and yup, she's got something. Dr. Beagle (great name for a vet!) couldn't find any crystals in her urine but the protein count high and she's got blood her urine. So my poor Fang has to have anti-biotics twice a day and then go back in two weeks to have all that poking and prodding done to her all over again. Eric said she was a good girl while at the vet too. Didn't cry, growl, fight or anything. Even when they took her temperature. I -knew- that means she is sick because she normally fights, growls, and yells (in a most unlady-like fashion) when at the vet.

My poor kitty.